AST 2012 Survey Results - Fans Rally behind Wenger
Posted Monday 9th July 2012
Results of Arsenal Supporters' Trust Membership Survey, 2012
- Arsenal Fans Rally behind Arsene Wenger
- Backing for the current business model alongside calls for Arsenal to review options for a sustainable equity injection into the Club and engagement with Red and White Holdings (Alisher Usmanov)
- Overwhelming support for Stan Kroenke making it a priority to support the contribution supporter ownership can make to Arsenal through the Arsenal Fanshare scheme and explain in more detail his Vision for Arsenal Football Club
The Annual AST Survey is an important tool in forming the AST's policy positions and communicating to Arsenal the views of our members. The AST will once again forward the results of the survey to Ivan Gazidis who in the past has circulated them to the Club's Board. The AST is also meeting Ivan Gazidis on Friday when it will discuss the feedback from these results and the views of our members from Monday night's meeting.
This year the AST largely collected responses through an on-line survey tool and this saw a significant increase in the number of responses. Questionnaires were sent to 1067 AST members with 636 responses received representing 60% of the membership. The responses represent a diverse spread of Arsenal supporters including shareholders, overseas supporters, season ticket holders, red members, and Arsenal Fanshare members.
The AST Board will use the results to construct the policies it adopts as it continues to represent its membership.
The AST has also published a separate document which shows the trend of opinion amongst the membership over the last three years on the following questions:
- How satisfied are you with the football performance of Arsenal Football Club in recent years?
- Do you think the Arsenal Board should invite Red and White Holdings (Alisher Usmanov) to join the Board or Red and White Holdings?
- Looking at Arsenal's new ownership structure, its 'self-sustaining' business model, its football management and squad strength, and comparing it to the other Premier League Clubs, how optimistic are you about Arsenal's prospects during the next five years.